Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This Week: Post-Chemo Scan

So Mom finished her final chemo treatment.

What's next?

This Friday, she will go in for a re-scan of her chest to see results of the chemo, and to give doctors 'sight' for determining next steps of treatment. (Right now, she can't feel the lump anymore, so that's great news. We're praying and trusting the Lord for complete healing.)
  1. Scans Friday (May 18)
  2. Possible surgery (lump or mass/whole) in June
  3. Radiation if there's a lumpectomy
  4. Herceptin every three weeks (for 11 more doses, finishing by Thanksgiving :) starting Thursday
  5. Anti-estrogen drug for maybe 5 years
The above 'regimine' is prescribed as a result of the original biopsy and character of her particular cells, and what is current medical knowledge regarding drugs/treatment. It's still a faith-walk. Sometimes it seems like everything is; our faith/confidence in is something or someone.

I love being around Mom because she simply believes in the Lord. Sometimes my mind can get full of combinations and possible scenarios and what we should do, and then I talk with her, and she has a way of 'simply trusting'. Then all my scenarios blow away, and I rest, trusting the Lord, too.

So thanks for praying for our family. The Lord is a wonderful Shepherd, to the Finish.

By the way, Mom really is doing great. She's had amazing sustained energy through the whole treatment, with no infections. Praise God. We've also been working on organizing projects around the home, which will be nice when everything is complete. (But the process is necessary and beneficial as well.)

Blessings and strength to your families, in Jesus' Name, who is the Beginning and the End, a stronghold in times of trouble, and our Redeemer.

Ericka

Ashley has another great blog entry: about vigils and being up in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the end of chemo, yay for no infections, yay for trust and faith that confirms a heart's desire for Jesus, alone. Pass along my hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley. Ahhh. Love you, girl. It's been really special to 'walk along side' you and Jonathan even though we're in different states and different cycles of treatment, but the same Shepherd is at our side, Forever. Thank you for encouraging me so much and for pointing to Jesus through everything. I don't think I've read a blog that has impacted me as much as yours. Real life, by the real person, walking it out, holding the Lord's hand all the way to the Finish, even when He carries us. I realize my dependency on Him more when I walk through these situations. Thanks for trusting Him and for sharing it with others. I've benefitted. Forever. :) ~ericka
      http://leaningonmybeloved-asmiley.blogspot.com/
      (One of my favorites, though I have a lot, is Soli Deo Gloria, Apr 15)

      Delete